In this course we provide a basic understanding of the relationships between structures, properties and processing of the most important industrial metals.
This course goes further into explaining the terminology and test methods associated with key metal properties.
The workshop covers material processes through the use of phase diagrams and heat treatments to control the microstructure. Attendees will also receive some guidance on the selection of appropriate metal alloys for specific applications and typical applications of some alloys. Some failure modes are described with a specific section relating to corrosion. Knowledge gained will enhance staff efficiency through a greater appreciation of the technology underpinning metals applications.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals from all parts of your business who have a grounding in metals or materials science and wish to extend their technical understanding, from directors to junior staff in operations, technical, quality, procurement and sales.
How will I benefit?
After the workshop, you will be able to:
• Explain the key properties of metals.
• Discuss the pros and cons of various metals and alloys.
• Understand the winning and processing of ores.
• Be familiar with metal product manufacturing processes.
• Explain basic metal tests and specifications.
• Match metals/alloys to a variety of applications.
• Understand metallurgical terminology.