Gain an understanding of the fundamental aspects of design for manufacture of composites and their constituent parts.
A major issue companies find is not knowing the rules of thumb around composites and their use. This course covers those aspects and how to appropriately idealise composite structures based on the desired outcome.
You will walk away from this course with knowledge that allows them to efficiently use their tools for the purposes of design for manufacture.
This course elaborates on the different types of composite materials, providing an overview to those less familiar with the product. It also looks at the different materials used in composite structures, as well as their application and use in order to develop an advanced understanding.
You will learn the enhanced skills you need in the manufacturing composites sector; and study different areas of composite manufacturing, such as the assessment of defects and damages, the types of defects and damages that can occur, the future of thermoplastic matrix composites and the future of automatic fibre placement, to name a few.
- Session 1: Course introduction
- Session 2: Composite definitions
- Session 3: Composite characteristics
- Session 4: Prepreg techniques
- Session 5: Dry Fibre techniques
- Session 1: Manufacturing Processes
- Session 2: Assembly Process
- Session 3: Defects, Detection and Testing
- Session 4: Case Study – Repair Case Study
- Session 5: Course Wrap-Up
All sessions have a short summary and pop-quiz style section at the end. Please note that the session distribution above may vary depending on learning needs and number of delegates of each cohort.
Who should attend?
Engineers or Engineering Managers with little knowledge of composites, or at least exposure of what a composite material is. As well as individuals involved in composite concessions, non-destructive testing and the manufacturing, as well as individuals looking to broaden their understanding of composites from a manufacturing perspective.
How will I benefit?
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of different composite materials and their constituents
- Understand the basics of different composite applications
- Have a strong understanding of the composite manufacturing processes