Gain an understanding of the fundamental aspects pertaining to design and analysis of composites, through the product lifecycle.
A major issue companies find is not knowing the rules of thumb around composites and their use. This course covers those aspects and how to appropriately idealise composite structures based on the desired outcome.
You will walk away from this course with knowledge that allows you to efficiently use tools for the purposes of design and analysis.
This is a highly detailed and interactive training that gives a clear understanding of manufacturing processes, how to define repair schemes, how to tailor properties to efficient designs, composite material behaviour, how composite materials can fatigue, and post processing finite element results.
There are varying objectives based on the modules offered around composite design and analysis.
- Session 1: Course introduction
- Session 2: Laminate design
- Session 3: Classical laminate analysis
- Session 4: FEA for composites
- Session 5: Composites assembly and joint design
- Session 6: Composite sandwich structure design
- Session 1: Composite analysis
- Session 2: Composite damage, inspection and repair
- Session 3: Composite special design considerations
- Session 4: Composite certification and testing
- Session 5: Case study – composite design and analysis
- Session 6: Course wrap-up
All sessions have a short summary and pop-quiz style section at the end. Please note that the session distribution above may vary depending on learning needs and number of delegates of each cohort.
Who should attend?
Engineers or Engineering Managers with basic knowledge of composite materials, processes and industrial applications. As well as individuals involved in design, analysis or manufacturing, as well as individuals looking to broaden their overall understanding of composites.
How will I benefit?
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the basics of composite materials, stacking and layup rules
- Understand the basics of assembly design requirements
- Have a strong understanding of the analytical process of assessing composites
- Comprehend the composites certification process, specifically relating to the aerospace sector