Understand how to manage physical assets of a business.
The aim of this course is to provide a thorough understanding of all aspects of the management of physical assets to those managers and directors who have responsibility for the delivery of company objectives associated with the effective acquisition, deployment, operation and maintenance of company assets.
This course explores the definition of assets and asset management, identifies the necessary structures and processes that are required to support and manage assets throughout their life cycle and introduces the many tools and techniques required to optimise the application and operation of physical assets to deliver the very best return on capital employed to the business.
This is a virtual classroom based course, delivered online.
View face to face version
VC 1: Asset management fundamentals
- Introduction and background to asset management
- What is asset management
- The business benefits of asset management
- Asset acquisition best practice
VC 2: Asset management best practice
- Asset operation best practice
- Asset maintenance best practice
VC 3: Implementing asset management
- Asset disposal or refurbishment
- Asset management requirements
- Implementation issues
- Course summary and assessment of learning
Who should attend?
Engineering, operations, asset managers and maintenance managers and directors working within manufacturing, industrial, utilities and commercial sectors, particularly asset intensive organisations.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
- Understand the extent and meaning of assets and asset management
- Develop a policy, strategy and plan for asset management within your organisation
- Identify the asset life cycle and the structures needed to support assets at each stage within their life cycle
- Recognise and address the organisational and cultural issues associated with the introduction, implementation and sustainment of asset management processes
- Lead and inspire your staff to embrace and apply best practice asset management within your organisation
- Prepare you organisation for the requirements of ISO 55001 and future accreditation against the standard