Develop the capability to apply failure mode and effects analysis within the design and process environments within the organisation.
This course explains the core principles behind FMEA, its purpose and its general benefits in product and process design.
Who is it for?
Anyone involved at a working level in the design of products, services and processes; or in the completion or management of FMEAs.
- Types of FMEA: product and process
- Team set-up and roles
- Inputs into an FMEA
- The FMEA templates
- Failure modes and effects
- Classifications for severity, occurrence and detection
- Calculating risk priority numbers
- Prioritising and planning outputs from an FMEA project
Benefits of attendance:
- Understand the purpose of an FMEA and its general benefits in product and process design
- Recognise the importance of a team approach to FMEA activity
- Understand how to set the scope for an FMEA project
- Explain how to document an FMEA study using standard templates
- Understand guidelines for rating severity, occurrence, and detection
- State how to prioritise and manage risks
Pre-requisite: You must have attended 'Introduction to structured problem solving using Lean Sigma' to attend this course.
Price: £300 per person (you pay £60 per person) + VAT