Facilitating access to technical training to members of the armed forces (regulars and reservists).
Our Armed Forces Training Scheme focuses on developing skills that are valued both by the armed forces and its members. The training courses will be delivered via live virtual classrooms and are priced in way that you can utilise your annual Standard Learning Credits (SLC).
Which IMechE training is supported?
Each course costs £220 (inc VAT). This means that, if you wish to use your SLC, 80% of the cost (up to £175) could be claimed back through the SLC process, minimising the costs to you, who will only need to cover the remaining £45.
Please note that minimum numbers are required for the course to be confirmed.
How to claim SLC
- Complete the MOD Form 1950 and follow the necessary steps to have it approved
- Book the course you wish to undertake
- Upon completion, you will receive a certificate that provides proof of training
- Claim 80% of the course fee up to a maximum of £175 per financial year
Please contact your Education Centre for more information about claiming SLCs prior to paying for/starting these courses.
Why train with IMechE?
- All courses are delivered virtually, so there is no need to travel.
- The courses are exclusive to members of the armed forces.
- The courses are designed for engineers by engineers.
- The courses provide amazing value for money.
- All courses are delivered by highly skilled and experienced trainers.
- IMechE training is highly valued and respected.
Looking for other training courses?
We are always keen to hear what other training you may be interested in undertaking. To let us know, please email email@example.com.
Get in touch
For more information, please contact the Training team: