Give back to the engineering community by helping us to elect new members of the Institution.
If you’re interested in serving the engineering profession and helping us elect new members, you might want to consider volunteering to be one of our Membership Sponsors.
Membership Sponsors support and sign off membership applications and recommend them as worthy of consideration for professional registration (EngTech, IEng and CEng) and full membership as a member or Fellow.
- You must be professionally registered and be able to demonstrate the general UK-SPEC competence requirements but you don’t need to be in a particular industry
- You can be located anywhere
- You can sponsor a person who is not in your local area, as you don’t need to meet the applicant in person - telephone and Skype can be used
What you will do
- Give good customer service to show the potential member that we are a helpful and resourceful body
- Help ensure that their membership application is processed more quickly
- Make a connection with a member which may grow into a long-term mentoring relationship
How you will benefit
You will have an opportunity to:
- Give something back through support and guidance of a process you have been through
- Meet new, younger members
- Help us grow and develop
How much time it will take
You decide how many people you would like to help and you can fit it round your schedule.
How it works
You will need to:
- Contact the member who has requested assistance by phone, or email or in person
- Read through their application and question them on what they have written
- Sign off competences that you believe the member has written themselves
The membership team will check the applicant’s academic qualifications, you only need to discuss the UK-SPEC competence requirements.