Take a longer journey with a heritage rail tour
The Great Britain, a fascinating nine day steam tour departing in April, travelling the length and breadth of Britain and involving around seven different classic British steam locomotives, is always a highlight of The Railway Touring Company’s programme. Exploring picturesque valleys, mountainous landscapes and all the glories of the British coast, lakes and countryside The Great Britain is the rail journey of a lifetime.
Also, The Cock O’the North will visit the north of Scotland in all its splendour with steam travel on the Strathspey Railway and The Jacobite across the famous Glenfinnan viaduct. Tours including The Shetlander, the Arran & Kintyre, the Far North & Orkney, The Western Isles and The Heart of Scotland, also explore other scenic Scottish routes.
Cock o'the North (credit: Bob Green)
Europe and Beyond
Further afield, European rail tours include visits to the Swiss Bernese Oberland, the Harz Mountains, Austria & Bohemia, Saxony Slovakia and Hungary. Beyond Europe in The Railway Touring Company’s heritage rail holidays include South Africa, Australia, India, Sri Lanka and more.
Members enjoy a £25 per person discount on tours of four to eight days (using code IM1) or £50 per person on trips of nine days or more (use code IM2).
To find out more, or to make a booking, visit The Railway Touring Company website or call 01553 661500 for a brochure.
Terms and conditions:
1. Offer open to members of IMechE only and up to three guests per member.
2. Offer entitles you to a £10pp discount on fares for day trips; £25pp discount on fares for tours of between 4 to 8 days; and £50pp discount on tours lasting 9 days or more.
3. Quote code IME when booking day trips; code IM1 for tours 4-8 days; and code IM2 for tours of 9 days or more.
4. You must confirm your IMechE membership number when booking.
5. This offer holds no monetary value.
6. Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or existing booking.
7. The Railway Touring Company’s Standard Conditions of Booking and Travel apply – see website or brochure for details.
The Railway Touring Company, 14a Tuesday Market Place, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1JN.