The Formula Student Awards Committee is pleased to be able to provide financial awards to teams to compete in the competition.
The Formula Student Competition provides a unique opportunity for mechanical engineering undergraduates to participate in a complex project to design and develop a small racing car that is subsequently benchmarked against cars from other worldwide academic institutions.
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers is keen to assist in the development of engineers with both academic knowledge and its practical application; Formula Student is a proven approach supporting this objective.
All awards are conditional on the team competing in the FS UK competition - download the application forms and guidance documentation
Awards and conditions
The Formula Student Awards Committee is pleased to be able to provide the following awards to support this objective:
1 x £7,500 AWARD
Awarded to one of the top 10 university teams in the last year’s FS UK Competition.
(Unsuccessful applications will automatically be considered for the 8 x £3,000 awards).
8 x £3,000 AWARDS, awarded to any university team to compete with a car (Class One) in the FS UK competition.
Closing Date for applications 1 December 2017 - download all the application forms to apply.
- All awards are subject to submission of a suitable application and two references that will be assessed by the IMechE’s Formula Student and Transport Challenge Awards Committee. (Its decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into).
- All recipients must enter the next UK FS competition.
- All teams who receive an award shall submit a post event report by 1st September 2018. It is the FS Team Leader and Faculty Advisor’s responsibility to ensure this is done; otherwise their university will be disqualified from receiving awards in the future. Submitted reports will be used in subsequent years as examples to other teams.
- It is a requirement that ALL team members are members of IMechE in order to benefit from the awards and all membership numbers must be submitted on the application form. Please note that Affiliate membership is free for students and the application form is available on the Membership Section at www.imeche.org.
- All teams in receipt of an award under this scheme will be required to display the FS UK Logo in a prominent position on their cars and supporting display material at the event for which the award has been made.
- All teams in receipt of an award will be visited by a member of the Formula Student and Transport Challenge Awards Committee.
Get in touch
If you have a question about Formula Student, we'd like to hear from you.