Benefits for participating universities
- Provide real-world engineering experience to students
- Engage industry partners in your curriculum and research activities
- Showcase university strengths in a public forum
- Competition event boosts motivation in project work
- High student satisfaction
- Strong recruitment tool
- Supports accreditation.
Integration with university curriculum
The Challenge encourages students to follow a system engineering process, through requirements generation, design, manufacture, verification, and the final validation at the competition event. This can be integrated, including coursework exercises, into one or more units covering:
- Systems engineering
- Team projects
- Design projects
- Research projects
- Business/professional studies
Practical/lab exercises can be built around the testing skills needed. The Challenge provides a natural focus for team design or research projects.
Advice is available from other universities and companies who have successfully integrated it into their degree/graduate scheme – get in touch with us for more info.