Are you about to commence your studies in the upcoming academic year on an undergraduate degree accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers?
IMechE has a range of scholarships available to students who are about to commence their Institution-accredited degree.
- IMechE Undergraduate Scholarships
- IMechE Eaton Undergraduate Scholarship
- IMechE Land Rover Spen King Sustainability Award
Value of award
Each scholarship is worth £8,000, with students receiving £2,000 per year for up to four years. This excludes industrial placements. The scholarship is renewable annually, subject to satisfactory progress being made.
IMechE Eaton Undergraduate Scholarship
As part of the IMechE Eaton Undergraduate Scholarship, Eaton may offer a placement to the successful award holder, during the award period, who will chosen by the Institution's Selection Committee.
IMechE Land Rover Spen King Sustainability Award
As part of the IMechE Land Rover Spen King Sustainability Award, the successful award holder chosen by the Institution's Selection Committee will be offered a placement with Jaguar Land Rover. An award holder selected to receive this award will enter into discussions relating to this placement directly with the sponsoring company.
- Open to UK residents about to embark on their Institution-accredited degree programmes in the autumn.
- Candidates’ responses to Question 9a or 9b on the application form will be a major element in the selection process.
- The IMechE Land Rover Spen King Sustainability Award is available for those who have a particular interest in sustainability. (Applicants must complete Question 9b).
Closing date: 30 June 2021.
Submit your completed:
- Mandatory for all short listed candidates.
- Short-listed candidates will be notified by mid-August if they are required to attend an interview, and will be given details of the locations and times of the interviews.
Have you already commenced your studies and are experiencing financial hardship?
The Institution's Support Network award a number of grants to mechanical engineering students who are in financial difficulty, as well as those who need special equipment in order to complete their studies. Visit Support Network to find out more.