Awarded annually to an undergraduate, i.e. someone who is studying for their first degree, who is normally in their final year.
The award is given on the recommendation of their university head of department, to a student who completes an outstanding research, development or design project in mechanical engineering.
- The award is made to an undergraduate, normally in the final year of an IMechE accredited degree course who is an Affiliate Member of the Institution.
- To check whether a student is an Affiliate member please contact the IMechE Membership team on 0845 2269191.
Value of award
- Certificate and bronze medal.
- This award is for an individual student and cannot be split.
- One award is awarded per university.
Nominations are to be received from the head of department.