SPENCER WILKS Postgraduate Masters Scholarships
The Institution invests in the future of developing engineers.
IMechE is offering a number of Postgraduate Masters Scholarships to exceptional graduates with an IMechE accredited BEng (Hons) degree to allow them to undertake an IMechE accredited Masters degree in automotive engineering for the purpose of obtaining the academic requirements for professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
The scholarships are open to students who:
- are currently resident in the United Kingdom, who will commence their IMechE accredited masters degree in the next academic session
- have received an offer of a place at a university.
- are expecting or have already gained a first class or 2:1 honours IMechE accredited degree
- are undertaking instructional or research-based study programmes
- are supported in their application by three referees:
- one who can vouch for your academic abilities (normally your Undergraduate Personal Tutor or Head of Department)
- one who can confirm your suitability to embark on the postgraduate course you have chosen, and the likelihood of your success
- one who can vouch for your character
- referees should preferably be members of the Institution.
Value of award
- Full-time: up to £6,500
- Part-time: pro rata.
It is intended that study should be on a one-year full-time programme; however, if a suitable part-time two year programme is proposed, then the award may be divided equally in each year.
For a part-time programme, renewal of the award after the first year is conditional on satisfactory progress being made.
Closing date: 1 August 2022
To apply, download the application form and reference requests.