Alastair Graham-Bryce Award
Awarded to an individual or group who has made a significant contribution to the encouragement of young people towards a career in engineering.
Nominations will be sought from:
- Community group or activity
- Teacher or school
Dr Alastair Graham Bryce spent his retired life dedicated to encouraging children into engineering.
As a founding member of Imagineering, Alastair not only contributed to establishing interventions that were likely to be effective in directing children towards technology and engineering, but also developed material to expand the impact on children.
- Open to all Institution Members and non-members.
- Nominations are considered by the Trustee Board Awards Committee in May and recommendations for awards are forwarded to the Trustee Board for approval in June.
- Successful recipients are notified by the President at the end of June and invited with a guest of their choice to a celebration of their success in London in the Autumn.
Value of award
- Prize of £5,000 and trophy will be awarded to an individual or split among a group.