Geoffrey Engert Award for Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning
Annual award to recognise excellence by an engineering technician in the field of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) .
This Award has been made possible through a donation by Mrs J Field, daughter of Geoffrey Engert and sister of engineers, Michael and Neil Engert. The Award will run from 2015/16 through until 2019/20.
The Award will fund a £3000 annual prize aimed at recognising young technicians working in the field of heating, ventilating and air-conditioning, and will cover the following:
- Support toward EngTech registration and presenting to others on the benefits of EngTech registration
- Support toward relevant visits/research/training/education/technical events such as seminars/conferences to develop knowledge and understanding of engineering.
Closing date: Date of next award to be confirmed.
- A brief personal sketch of the candidate(s)
- A summary of their personal achievements in the field of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
- A justification for the award of the prize.
A proposal should not normally run to more than one side of A4.
- Nominations for the prize award must be made by a third party; self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations are not restricted to members of the Institution.
- The individual being nominated must be willing to accept the award if chosen.
The award winner will be chosen by the Construction and Building Services Division and will be announced at the IMechE Young Engineer of the Year event held in October.
Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org