Available to support one-off and special purposes not clearly covered by other awards on offer.
Funding examples include:
- Tools, materials, books, etc that form part of a structured learning program and not available through other funding programs
- Visits, trips, outings, etc that have a targeted development objective
- Targeted research activities
- Activities that demonstrate the promotion and / or furtherance of mechanical engineering.
- The Award is open to any individual, educational establishment or club.
- Your application must be supported by a mentor, who should be preferably a member of the Institution. The choice of mentor should be as such that they can support your application and comment on the following:
- Award purpose and aims (Step 3 of the Application Form) and
- The suitability of the applicant(s) stating the benefits to the individual(s) and the IMechE
- After the event has completed the award holder is required to submit a report to the committee. The committee may, at their discretion, ask for a presentation to the committee in lieu of a report.
- Successful applicants may not reapply within two years of the date of the award.
Note that this award cannot be used for any of the following:
- Charitable donations with no specific purpose
- Funding for administrative / organizational / advertising support of events promoted by third parties
- Funding of third party prizes / awards
- Funding of commercial ventures.
In this context third party means any person, company, organisation, etc., that is not the applicant, the applicant’s employer or organisation, or the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
Value of Award