We can provide grants to help Institution members attend conferences around the world, either as a speaker or a delegate.
To be eligible for a grant you must:
- Be a member of the Institution
- Be able to explain the standing of each conference and how you think attending the event will make an important contribution to your development as an engineer
- Individuals may apply.
You must provide three references to support your application:
The choice of referees should ensure they can support your application and provide the following required information:
- Two of the referees should be able to vouch for your practical and theoretical training and experience; these may include a social reference/employer reference, if appropriate.
- The third reference should support the proposed programme of work.
- In the case of conference travel grants, only one reference may be a co-author of paper/presentation if attending a conference.
- The referees should preferably be members of the Institution.
For those presenting at the conference you are required to include a copy of your abstract/synopsis.
After the event has completed the award holder is required to submit a report to the committee. The committee may, at their discretion, ask for a presentation to the committee in lieu of a report.
Successful applicants may not reapply within two years of the date of the award.
Value of award
We can award grants of up to:
- £2,000 to conference speakers
- £1,500 to conference delegates.