The Viscount Weir Prize is funded from the General Fund.
The Viscount Weir Fund was founded by a gift of £10,000 from Rt Hon William Douglas Viscount Weir PC GCB LLD in 1953.
To be applied for any one or more of:
- Prize(s) for technical contributions by graduates or students or both on subject(s) to be determined by the Trustee Board.
- Charitable purposes of the Students' Aid Fund
- Charitable purposes of any graduates' sections.
- Awarded for technical contributions submitted by Affiliates, Associates and those Members who have been professionally registered for 10 years or less and read before a local meeting of the Institution, provided that the paper/contribution is of sufficient merit.
- The meeting is to be held and arranged by a Divisional Centre, of which the competitors are Members
- Number of Awards: 1st prize and 2nd prize.
Value of Awards
- 1st prize £100
- 2nd prize £50.