EngTech of the Year Award
Awarded to an EngTech who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to their continuing professional development.
EngTech applicants should show that they have made a positive difference to their company and have made a significant contribution to encouraging young people into an engineering career.
This may include working within a school or with a group of pupils, within a youth group, mentoring work experience placements, or other promotional activities in a long-term initiatives continuing into the future.
Entrants must also show a career plan for the next three years or so.
The winner will be asked to submit a summary and outcomes of their activities associated with the award in October of the year following the award
Entrants must demonstrate outstanding commitment to their professional development, and show how they have made a positive difference to their company. They should show how they have made a significant contribution to encouraging young people into an engineering career. This may include:
- working within a school or with a group of pupils
- a youth group
- mentoring work experience placements or other promotional activities.
It is expected that the activity is a long-term initiative and will continue into the future.
Entrants must also show a career plan for the next three to five years.
To be eligible to enter you must be a current EngTech member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
Value of award
The winner will receive a prize of £2,000 to be used to extend and continue their activities in promoting engineering to young people.
How to apply
Closing date: 30 June 2021
- Applications can be submitted throughout the year
- You can nominate yourself or be nominated by a sponsor from your company or a company/group which has benefited from your involvement.
- Applications can be made by a company employee, or colleagues in the engineering community who have knowledge of your achievements.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
IMechE Prizes and Awards Department
Bury St Edmunds