IMechE Library databases - terms and conditions of use
Please read the following terms and conditions. By using the library databases you are taken to have read, understood and consented to these terms and conditions.
1. The Library offers access to subscribed content in the following databases:
- ASME Digital Collection
- ASTM Compass
- Ebook Central
- EBSCO Business Source Corporate
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology
- SAE Mobilus
- Sage Journals
- Taylor & Francis eBooks&
- Wiley Online Library.
2. Members (of all grades) have access worldwide to our subscribed content in all the databases listed in section 1. This access is offered via the Virtual Library login and My Account web pages.
3. Access to all databases is permitted for reasons of research and study only.
4. Members are permitted, subject to certain restrictions which apply in individual databases, to download and print our subscribed content for their own research and study.
5. The onward distribution of such downloads and printouts is not permitted.
6. High-volume, automated or systematic downloading and copying of any database content is prohibited, as is the alteration, republication or reselling of any such content or the removal of copyright and other notices from printed or downloaded copies.
7. The disclosure of individual access credentials to any other user or any attempt to override or disable access restrictions for any database is prohibited.
8. This condition applies to the EBSCO databases only:
- access for the purpose of commercial gain through cost reduction or avoidance for a non-subscribing institution is not allowed.