The Automobile Division has launched a National Automotive Lecture Series in which speakers will give a technical lecture at multiple IMechE automobile centres across the country.
So far, the following lectures have been arranged:
The Triumph Trophy
Presented by Rob Morrison, Senior Design Engineer – Powertrain Engineering, and James Colbrook, Principal Engineer – Chassis Engineering, from Triumph Motorcycles
Triumph Motorcycles have recently launched their new touring motorcycle; the Trophy. These lectures will provide you with the opportunity to learn about Triumph’s most technologically complex bike to date from the engine and chassis engineers responsible for it.
Rob Morrison, Senior Design Engineer – Powertrain Engineering, Triumph Motorcycles
After completing a university placement at Triumph in 2000, Rob has worked his way up from a Student Design Engineer to Senior Design Team Leader, and worked on products such as the Daytona 600, Speed Triple, Tiger 1050, Sprint, Tiger Explorer and the Trophy.
James Colbrook, Principal Engineer – Chassis Engineering, Triumph Motorcycles
James has worked at Triumph since graduating from Sheffield University in 1997 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He has worked on a wide range of chassis components on Tigers, Bonneville’s, Rocket 3’s, Sprints, Thunderbirds and the Trophy.
The following centres are due to hold this lecture. For more information, please visit the relevant centre's website here.
- Western Centre - 24 October 2013, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Southern Centre - 20 November 2013, Northbrook College, Shoreham Airfield, Sussex. 18.30 for 19.00 start.
- North West Centre - 21 January 2014, Bentley Motors, Pyms Lane, Crewe, Cheshire.
- Essex Centre - 19 February 2014, Ford Motor Company, Dunton Technical Centre, Laindon, Essex, SS15 6EE.
- Yorkshire Centre - 13 May 2014, Bradford University, Yorkshire.