The Young Members Board is currently recruiting for the various representative positions.
Divisions and Groups
- Fluid Machinery
- Equality and Diversity Steering Group (ESDG)
Roles descriptions for vacant posts
See Young Members Board for a full list of roles.
Find out more about being a YMB representative.
You must be a Young Member of the Institution. You will be required to use any specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the Board make informed decisions. You should:
- Be willing to speak your mind
- Be proactive and support Board projects
- Think creatively
- Use independent and sound judgement
- Enjoy working with others.
Meet a member of the YMB
Through volunteering Lydia realised that her opinion on topics mattered, as well as her contribution to get projects done, as she began to understand the bigger picture and where the YMs fit into the overall programme of the Institution.
What you will do
- Help deliver the YMB
- Input into the strategic objectives of the YMB
- Share best practice
- Request specific support for your group from YMB
- Educate all IMechE members about what the YMB structure is and what they are doing currently
- Give direction on what YMs should be working on, particularly relating to supporting the technical strategy and learned society elements of the IMechE
- Raise awareness of engineering to younger generations.
How you will benefit
- Develop your interpersonal and soft skills
- Learn about strategy development and experience business management earlier than you may typically do in your career
- Allow you to progress to the YMB Executive team
- Gain valuable experience for running for Council or Trustee Board in the future
- Grow your professional network.