If you are a member of the Institution, we can provide grants to help you attend conferences around the world, either as a speaker or a delegate. These grants are provided under the Thomas Andrew Common Grants scheme.
How much are the grants worth?
We can award grants of up to:
- £2,000 to conference speakers
- £1,500 to conference delegates
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a grant you must:
- Be a member of the Institution
- Be able to explain the standing of each conference and how you think attending the event will make an important contribution to your development as an engineer
- Provide three references to support your application
- Your first reference will need to be from someone who will be able to confirm your attendance at the conference and explain the positive impact your attendance will have on the engineering community.
- Your second reference will need to be from someone who can vouch for your character and suitability for an award.
- Your third reference will need to state how an award will benefit your development as an engineer.
- Only one of the references may be a co-author of a paper or presentation.
How do I apply?
You must submit your completed application form at least one month before the event. Your application will not be considered until we have received your three supporting references from your referees.
You can’t submit an application after an event has taken place.
You can apply for a grant at any time during the year.
Download the online application form
Download reference form 1
Download reference form 2
Download reference form 3