Most Distinguished Developing Career Achievement Prize
This Award given by the Process Industries Division is designed to recognise and reward those developing engineers who have demonstrated innovative and responsible professional leadership, and the potential for future distinction and commitment to serving others.
The winner will receive £1,500 max. and a certificate.
The Award looks for developing engineers who have graduated from an IMechE accredited or related engineering first degree course, or MSc postgraduate course within the past 10 years. They must be in postgraduate work position since graduation, exercising their learning at university in their work place and at the same time developing themselves in a substantial and responsible manner professionally and technically.
How to apply
Download and submit the application form. Closing date: 18 March 2019.
Managers, please tell your colleagues about this prestigious award and encourage eligible candidates to apply, perhaps as a step to preparing the future leader of your organisation.
- Evidence by way of achievements in innovative industrial research applications and/or in areas associated with management and/or professional practices in the science and/or application of mechanical engineering in the process industries is required to support the application.
- Application does not require your company approval. However IMechE needs to be granted the right of citing any application materials which may have a bearing on intellectual property right.
- Applicants will be requested to highlight their academic, work and any other achievements. Evidence to demonstrate these achievements are required for supporting the application.
- Applicants will be assessed on, in addition to academic and work related achievements, their overall ability for future distinction and also their commitment to serving others.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and asked to make a short presentation on a date to be confirmed at a meeting with the Process Industries Division Board of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). The meeting will take place at the IMechE, One Birdcage Walk, London, SW1H 9JJ. Applicants not contacted by that time regrettably can assume that they have not been shortlisted.
- Winners will be invited to an awards ceremony at IMechE HQ, One Birdcage Walk, London, SW1H 9JJ.