Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, some national and international travel
Salary: £50,000 plus benefits
Are you looking for the opportunity to make your mark as a Sales and Marketing Manager? Think you could lead a passionate Sales and Marketing Team to success? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
Now, we’re looking for a Sales and Marketing Manager to join our team and help drive our ambitious organisation to new heights of success.
- Salary of circa £50,000
- Company car or car allowance
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary,/li>
- Flexible working
- Annual Learning at Work day
- Become a key member of a small, talented team
- The chance to travel internationally and see more of the world while you help shape ours
- Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays.
This is a brilliant opportunity to become the creative force behind an organisation that’s been transforming the world through innovation for over 170 years.
Once you join our team, you’ll discover that we’re dedicated to making our employees’ working life as fulfilling and enjoyable as possible. You’ll be rewarded for your efforts and will receive a range of perks, as well as the above benefits, to support a healthy work-life balance.
As an accredited Investor in People and a committed equal opportunities employer, we celebrate diversity and invest in our employees’ continuing professional development. After all, when you’re at your best, so are we.
As the Sales and Marketing Manager, you’ll lead the development and delivery of our sales and marketing strategy, both in the UK and internationally.
Spending around 60% of your role on marketing and 40% on sales, you will:
- Motivate, coach and guide the Sales and Marketing Team
- Assist the General Manager with the development of our overall business strategy
- Develop and deliver the marketing strategy support of business plan objectives, including proposition and pricing
- Manage and maximise sales opportunities
- Ensure that all marketing materials and communications are completed to a high standard
- Travel to our London and Lancaster offices, and occasionally abroad.
To join us as our Sales and Marketing Manager you’ll need a full, valid driving licence. Experience of the following is also essential:
- Leading a sales and marketing team in a relevant industry sector, such as engineering
- Preparing commercial proposals and costings to ensure yield and profitability
- Working with, and an excellent understanding of P&L
- Commissioning and managing digital agencies
- Developing web, mobile, email and social media channel engagement and delivery
- Leading on the development and delivery of projects, propositions and campaigns
- Developing both strategic and operational plans.
Proven project management and team leadership skills and experience would be highly beneficial. Experience in the non-destructive testing (NDT) industry would also be an advantage, as would experience of working with internal and external IT development teams to produce new digital services and improve existing services.
It would also be preferable if you had experience of working in a senior entrepreneurial role or a post-graduate marketing qualification.
Other companies may call this role Marketing Manager, Campaign Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Campaign Manager or Technical Sales & Marketing Manager.
We’re also eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Digital Marketing Manager, Online Marketing Manager, Engineering Sales & Marketing Manager or Senior Sales & Marketing Executive.
Your application should contain your CV and a covering letter outlining your salary expectations and what you could bring to this role.
How to apply
Both documents above must be completed and returned for your application to be considered.
Please read the person specification in the job description carefully and describe, within your covering letter, how much you feel you meet each of the criteria.
Please complete and return all documents by 15 July 2018 to email@example.com
Short listed candidates will be contacted as soon as possible after the closing date.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of the closing date for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you have any further queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.