Duration: 3 month FTC
Location: Westminster, London
Salary: upto £350 per day
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation. We’ve moved from outsourced to in-house infrastructure support and, as such, are looking for a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join us on a three month fixed-term contract.
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide 3rd line support to our user base across three sites
- Help to prepare for our infrastructure migration to Azure hosting
- Troubleshoot complex issues and collaborate with other team members to help resolve them
- Help, support and educate our IT Support team
- Monitor, maintain and improve the server estate.
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Windows-based estate
- Experience of administering, configuring and supporting the following: visualisation, networking, storage and cloud platforms.
Expert level knowledge of the following is also essential:
- MS Exchange 2010, MS SharePoint
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Window Server 2003 to 2016
- SQL Servers 2005 to 2016
- Windows 7 to 10
- Windows 10 OS environments
- Mitel PBX.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, Senior IT Support Analyst or IT Helpdesk Engineer.
What are the benefits?
- The chance to make a positive impact on our organisation in a short space of time
- Challenging, varied and technical work
- Enthusiastic working environment within an iconic building.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply and the interview process will consist of a single stage of interviews. The start date for this role is 8 October 2018.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter in confidence.
If you have any further queries please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of the closing date for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.