The steering group is made up of 10 members (including two international members), chaired by Silvia Boschetto. It works to deliver specific activities agreed with the Trustee Board.
Prime objectives of the steering group are to:
- Encourage more people from diverse backgrounds to engage with the Institution
- Tender advice and make recommendations to the Trustee Board concerning the direction and strategy of the Institution in relation to equality and diversity
- Develop and support the implementation of the Institution's equality and diversity programme in line with the
Institution’s strategic objectives
- Inspire the next generation
- Provide advice to government, industry and inform public on matters of equality, diversity and equality in engineering
- Engage with and collaborate other relevant equality and diversity groups as appropriate to the objectives of the EDSG and IMechE
- Identify and address any perceived barriers within the Institution.